simple is beautiful
Sorry I Missed Your Party: Green Bay Packers Tailgate Party
2 ... 2 ...

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Green Bay Packers Tailgate Party

This weekend, I caught up with an old friend who's been living in Madison, Wisconsin for the past few years. She told me that the beer culture and consumption there is very different - entire families go out to the bar together on a Tuesday night, children included. She says it is not at all unusual to see kids at bars with their parents and grandparents. In fact, she claimed that she has been told that the law there is that children under the age of 18 allowed to drink they're with your parents. From ages 18 to 21, it's forbidden again. She wasn't sure if this was actually on the law books, or if it's just tacitly tolerated.

Does anyone know the facts on this? Is this actually true? If it is, I'm pissed as hell at my parents for not raising me in Wisconsin. Because when I look at this photo of a Green Bay fan wearing a cheesehead helmet with antlers, beerbonging in the parking lot at a time of day when someone in the foreground is still drinking coffee, I feel like they should have a "Birthright: Wisconsin" charity the same way they have free trips to Isreal for young American Jews.

0 comments:

Post a Comment