simple is beautiful
Sorry I Missed Your Party: Sarah Palin Costumes
2 ... 2 ...

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Sarah Palin Costumes

As I write this, the election results haven't come in yet, so it's hard to tell if these costumes are tragically ironic, ironically ironic, or just plain unoriginal costumes. Everyone knew that the Sarah Palin costume was going to be huge this year, but I wanted to wait a few days to let people upload their photos to Flickr to determine the results. Just like waiting to get in the full election results of a state to "call it". Relevant, right?

Verdict is: there were more Sarah Palin costume photos than I can reasonably show here. I'm talking TONS. I couldn't get even close to finish searching and I had found over 50 different men and women dressed as S.P. Keep in mind this only applies to people who actually bothered to upload their Halloween photos and tag them individually within 5 days after taking them.

Here's my main gripe with these costumes. I found the biggest fault not in the concept but in the execution. This should have been an easy costume to get right. But as you can see, some people couldn't even cobble together a decent business suit. I don't want to sound like your mom, but seriously, people - in these times of economic uncertainty, the one thing you really should invest in is a good interview suit.

Mom chastising over; please enjoy the costume option you all knew was too obvious:













0 comments:

Post a Comment